Brookie Cade

My photo
HI! Imma Nerd but You Can Call Me Brook :D

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Home Sick

I was walking down the street the other day. I walked by the park and sat on a bench. I saw a family there. One like mine. A brother, two younger sisters, and two parents. Not exactley like mine, but close enough. It always made me sad to think about stuff like that. The family at the park...they...they were good. They looked nice. They were middle class. The mom and dad were pushing their daughter and son on the swings. Their other little girl came running over to them and tripped and skinned her knee. I quickly got up off the bench and stopped myself. The dad picked up his daughter and held her close and looked at me like I was crazy to think I was gonna help her up. I mean yea I'm a greaser. People can tell, but I wasn't going to go over there and rape the poor child. The mom put a bandaid on the kids knee she stopped crying and ran off to play with her brother and sister. The parents looked at me. I sat there and thought. I thought about my...old life. swinging on the swings with Johnny and Dawn. Fresh, Ice cold lemonade made by mom. Dad putting a bandaid on my scraped knee...or maybe I remembered our parents acctually caring for us. The parents were talking now and giving me dirty looks. I gave them one back and walked off. I couldn't get the idea of home out of my mind. I walked past the curtis' house. I saw Johnny, Twobit, and Dallas outside. They asked me were I was going and I just shrugged. I knew. I just didn't want to tell them. My old house wasn't far from the Curtis'. I didn't want anyone knowing though. I opened the gate to the backyard. The same old swings were still there. The porch looked duller than ever but I liked it like that. That's how it's always been. The swing's chains were all rusty. Nobody's been on it in years. Not that I remember anyway. There were small blood stains by the door of the porch from when we all fell when we were little. I probably shouldn't have been so close to the house were I was treated so badly ,but I felt like I needed to be there at that moment. I walked off the porch over to the swing set. I ran my fingers over the cold metal handels on the top of the slide. I sat down on a swing. It made a creaking noise because it was so old. I lifted my feet of the ground and started to swing. I kept swinging till I felt a cold hand on my sholder. I gasped and turned around. It was my mom. She still had that cold mean stare in her eye. She screamed "MIKE! GET OUT HERE! SHE'S BACK!" I don't know why the hell they wanted my back. My dad...he was mean. His hands were cold and when he slaps you it's even colder. I didn't want to see his face again. When Johnny told us we were leaving I packed up without a moments hesitation. He slammed open the back door and gave me that evil glare. I got a tear in my eye. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. My mom said "See I told you she'd come back if I told them you were dead!" and her grip tightend. I wanted them to change, I wanted them to be proud of me that I could do a backflip and acctually land it unlike most of the cheerleaders. There parents were just proud that they tried to land it! Not mine though. All they cared about was getting drunk and high. I snapped back "Why the hell would I come back for you?! I hate you two! You never cared for me! All you care about is your booze and cigs!!!" my mom slapped me across the face and told me to never disrespect them like that agian. I said "I'll stop when you will!" with a smirk on my face and beat it outta there! I didn't bother opening the gate. I jumped the fence. I tripped though from some stupid branch from that stupid oak tree that died so long ago. My mom got her broom that she was laying outside on the cround and started smacking me with it. The bristles on my face hurt like hell. I was screaming at her to stop. She screamed back "How do ya like that?! You like bein disrespected?" her voice raised. "DO YA!?" I shoved the broom out of my face and booked it. I ran all the way to the Curtis' house and ran into Dallas. He said "whoa kid whats up!?" I didn't say anything. I was in shock then and gave him a hug. I know you don't hug Dallas unless you either hooking up with him, or dating him. I wasn't doing either. Then again nobody hugs Dallas. The only person I ever remember hugging him is Bri ,but that's it. He pulled me back by my shoulders and saw my face. I wasn't crying just shocked. One side of my face was red from my mom slapping me. The other and my arms were redish whiteish cause of the broom. Johnny ran down the steps and asked what happend. my voice was shaky all I managed to say was "mom...broom." His face went pale and I started balling. I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up. He knelt down beside me and gave me a hug. We went over and sat on the steps. Dawn came out and looked at me. She halfed smiled and brushed my hair outta my eyes and said "How ya doin kid?" in a  sweet gentle voice. I put my head on her shoulder and looked at the sunset. Johnny put his head on my shoulder. I put my arm around his neck and he put his arm around my shoulder. Dawn put her head on top of mine. I know sometimes we don't act like it ,but we're a family. I'll always be there for you cause I know you'll always be there for me. I love you guys!

Brooklyn Cade

24 comments:

  1. Hun, you really have some weird talent to get in trouble. I mean, well, no, forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know that they are your family but they treated you bad. Family sometimes is not the people you're related to but rather the people that care for you and are always there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea ik kit...they arnt my family. you are. u, soda, darry, pony. and whoevr else.........the gang is my family. you all acctually care about me. and are there for me wen i get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. right back atcha kiddo ;)<3. and dont go back thier anymore please...thier a bunch of dipshits at that house, and if mom ever does that again in no way will i hesitate to deck her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wont go back...i just missed home. then reality caught up with me. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand why u did what ya did broox.......but plz dont go back there again especially without dal or johnny or someone ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree wit kitkat. But I'm sorry that ur mom and dad are such hard ass people ...no affence. Never go there without someone with yho! Ima break her broom and burn it ,then go to evry broom store in the fucking world and tell the Corp . To band this woman.


    Love yoh brokiee (again sorry if I spell it wrong)

    Elena C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lmfao! Don't worry Brooke, after a while you get used to people mispelling your name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yea but still. i mean its like rite there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry. Take off the e add a o :). Lol. Luv you Brookie :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the pic u put of me. and im sorry about ur mom i hope she goes to hell but next time just ignore that house and if u do go bring a broom and hit her or take me and ill defend u cuz no one duz that to my friend either if she is ur mom or dad i dont care.. count on me!!! and an awwwwww is needed for the sibling moment..


    -Katherine Jannill Parker Durian (btw its jannill thats my full name)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me, mom, and dad are gonna have a little talk with me. I'm planning to use that broom as firewood. But don't go back there. I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw Brooks, I hope you're okay. And even if I AM preggo I will waltz all the way to your house and slug your mom in the face. No one hurts my friends and gets away with it

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey brooks wat if i tought u how to fight. ull be an expert

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brook, I can teach you how to fight. And I won't leave you at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  16. a day ago two-bit came back but ur first lesson is this friday so get ready

    ReplyDelete
  17. uhm..ok. so now you twobit dallas and kyle are teachin me to fight! XD and maybe andrew or caleb....he said he was brining one of em lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Brooke....I know its hard to look at this way, but your parents were never your family. It dosen't make since, but family are the people you turn to when your hurt, or miss when your gone, or get excited for you when you earn something. Blood dosen't mean shit when your blood dosen't know how to treat you right. We'll always be your family, never forget that <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Damn sis... Ai can't believe it brookie. Yours is more hurtful to what happened to me yesterday. ai'll post about it later. But ai hope my sis is ok.

    ReplyDelete